Take the Bite Out of Mosquitoes Around Your Home
Summer is here and the mosquitoes have started biting. Summer rains lead to standing water, which is a primary location for mosquitoes to breed. It’s an important reminder to all homeowners that mosquitoes are not just a nuisance because of their bites; they are also known disease carriers.
Here are a few tips to help reduce the population of mosquitoes around your home:
- If the weather has been rainy, be sure to drain standing water from bird baths, kiddie pools and plant pots on a weekly basis.
- Clear gutters and drains to prevent the accumulation of stagnant water.
- Avoid working or playing outdoors at dawn or dusk when mosquitoes are most active.
- When you are outdoors, wear insect repellent with DEET as an active product.
- Make sure all windows and doors in your home are closed tightly and that screens are well-sealed to prevent mosquitoes from getting inside.
There are 13 species of mosquitoes which are capable of transmitting diseases. If you want to reduce the mosquitoes around your home, call a professional service company for proper control and elimination. The experts at Massey Services can conduct a thorough inspection at no charge and provide you with a detailed report of their findings. We will also recommend a customized mosquito abatement program that’s right for your home.