There are many things you can do to help reduce the risk of a termite infestation in your home:
- Repair any water leaks and moisture issues. Water-damaged walls, leaks in roofs, attics, bathrooms and sink areas create favorable conditions for termites to flourish.
- Clean gutters and repair downspouts. Keep gutters clear and free flowing to avoid clogs which may eventually lead to water damage. Make sure downspouts have extensions or splash blocks so water drains away from foundation.
- Drain water away from exterior walls and foundation. Make sure all drain lines, such as air conditioner drainage lines, release water at least 12 inches away from the foundation.
- Trim back shrubs and landscape plants from exterior walls. Shrubs and plants can trap moisture, which is critical for termite survival. Over-grown plants can provide a hidden avenue for termites and prevent thorough visual inspection.
- Keep ground cover below the bottom of exterior siding. Ground cover, such as mulch and pine straw, that has built up over the bottom of wall coverings, provide a hidden avenue for termites. Ground cover should be at least six inches below the bottom of exterior wall coverings.
- Monitor irrigation systems. Ensure sprinklers are adjusted properly to spray away from foundation and walls.
Make sure you have a comprehensive termite inspection by a professional termite company. At Massey Services, our inspections are free and each Termite Protection Program is customized for your home. Plus, our services are guaranteed or your money back. Schedule your free termite inspection by calling 1-888-2MASSEY (262-7739) or fill out the form below.
Port St. Lucie, FL
“We’ve had excellent termite service from Massey Services. Our inspectors were here for a routine pest inspection and took extra time to explain Old House Wood Borers being common in our area. Sure enough, they ended up taking a piece of furniture out of the house to protect our home from them.” -Nancy L.
“We use Massey Services for our termite and pest services. They gave us the best deal and the people are very friendly too!” -M. Ruggiero
“We started our termite services with Massey last year. We had our annual inspection and our inspector did an EXCELLENT job. She went above and beyond which makes me feel confident that my property is being protected.” -P. Lelapi