Signs of Termite Damage
Termites and other wood destroying insects can be causing damage to your home for years without you even knowing it. They are notoriously difficult to see so it’s important to recognize the warning signs of termite damage. Here are six common signs of termite infestation:
- Termite wings: Typically found after a swarm in small piles near window ledges and other light sources.
- Powder: Powder post beetles leave evidence of their presence with piles of a fine, talc-like powder around furniture, flooring and any wooded items in the structure.
- Mud tubes: These tubes are made of particles of soil, wood and debris, and they allow subterranean termites to reach food sources above ground level.
- Damaged wood: This can include wood that sounds “hollow” when tapped with the handle of a screwdriver or wood that is soft when probed with a sharp object.
- Drywall holes or ripples: Swarming termites create exit holes in the drywall and extensive wood damage can make drywall look rippled.
- Pellets: Drywood termites excrete pellets that are kicked out of holes. These pellets often accumulate in piles on window sills, baseboards and under wooden objects.
If you see any of these signs, or something that appears similar, contact us immediately for a free, no obligation termite inspection.
“My inspector was very professional, knowledgeable, friendly and made the experience for my termite insection understandable. I was informed that I could contact him at any time if I have question or need help. He was very helpful, frinedly and supportive. I would recommend him for people who need inspections.” -Frank G.
“The technician did an excellent job replacing the bait stations and he was here at the expected time. Thank you!” -M. Koretzka
“While putting up holiday decotations, my wife and I discovered active termites around one of our windows. They were reasonable with pricing, gave us options and understood our finanical situation. Did I mention they came out the next day and did the entire treatment and extermination? The Gainesville team is an awesome bunch!” -T. Shoulders