Termites and other wood destroying insects can be causing damage to your home for years without you even knowing it. They are notoriously difficult to see so it’s important to recognize the warning signs of termite damage. Here are six common signs of termite infestation:
- Termite wings: Typically found after a swarm in small piles near window ledges and other light sources.
- Powder: Powder post beetles leave evidence of their presence with piles of a fine, talc-like powder around furniture, flooring and any wooded items in the structure.
- Mud tubes: These tubes are made of particles of soil, wood and debris, and they allow subterranean termites to reach food sources above ground level.
- Damaged wood: This can include wood that sounds “hollow” when tapped with the handle of a screwdriver or wood that is soft when probed with a sharp object.
- Drywall holes or ripples: Swarming termites create exit holes in the drywall and extensive wood damage can make drywall look rippled.
- Pellets: Drywood termites excrete pellets that are kicked out of holes. These pellets often accumulate in piles on window sills, baseboards and under wooden objects.
If you see any of these signs, or something that appears similar, contact us immediately for a free, no obligation termite inspection.
“Massey Services termite services are exceptional. My technician took his time to educate me about their termite bond – he was very commendable!” -J. Mercado
“Our home was treated for dry wood and subterranean termites. In both cases, we were very impressed and pleased with the knowledge, courtesy and professionalism of the Massey Technicians.” -Ron & Kathy M.
“I’ve had termite protection with Massey Services for five years. I recently had my annual inspection. The inspector was very thorough, took his time and explained what he was doing/looking for.” -R. Bruce