Signs of Termite Damage
Termites and other wood destroying insects can be causing damage to your home for years without you even knowing it. They are notoriously difficult to see so it’s important to recognize the warning signs of termite damage. Here are six common signs of termite infestation:
- Termite wings: Typically found after a swarm in small piles near window ledges and other light sources.
- Powder: Powder post beetles leave evidence of their presence with piles of a fine, talc-like powder around furniture, flooring and any wooded items in the structure.
- Mud tubes: These tubes are made of particles of soil, wood and debris, and they allow subterranean termites to reach food sources above ground level.
- Damaged wood: This can include wood that sounds “hollow” when tapped with the handle of a screwdriver or wood that is soft when probed with a sharp object.
- Drywall holes or ripples: Swarming termites create exit holes in the drywall and extensive wood damage can make drywall look rippled.
- Pellets: Drywood termites excrete pellets that are kicked out of holes. These pellets often accumulate in piles on window sills, baseboards and under wooden objects.
If you see any of these signs, or something that appears similar, contact us immediately for a free, no obligation termite inspection.
“My annual termite inspection uncovered termite damage. Massey quickly sent help to come to my home. The damaged wood was removed. We saw exactly where the termites stopped as they carried bait from the stations to their nests. Activity has ceased but the damage was done. We got the wood replaced and the repair was done quickly. I am satisfied with the work provided by Massey.” -J. Wilson
“I had an inspector come to my home to give me information regarding termites and he was AMAZING! He was very honest and provided me a lot of great information. I can’t say enough good things about him.” -S. Rodriguez
Port St. Lucie, FL
“Our inspector was here to do the annual termite inspection on my home. He was professional, knowledgeable and efficient. He took care of our home as if it were his own. I always look forward to when the team comes to take care of my home. I have the utmost confidence in Massey Services.” -J. Wilson