Signs of Termite Damage
Termites and other wood destroying insects can be causing damage to your home for years without you even knowing it. They are notoriously difficult to see so it’s important to recognize the warning signs of termite damage. Here are six common signs of termite infestation:
- Termite wings: Typically found after a swarm in small piles near window ledges and other light sources.
- Powder: Powder post beetles leave evidence of their presence with piles of a fine, talc-like powder around furniture, flooring and any wooded items in the structure.
- Mud tubes: These tubes are made of particles of soil, wood and debris, and they allow subterranean termites to reach food sources above ground level.
- Damaged wood: This can include wood that sounds “hollow” when tapped with the handle of a screwdriver or wood that is soft when probed with a sharp object.
- Drywall holes or ripples: Swarming termites create exit holes in the drywall and extensive wood damage can make drywall look rippled.
- Pellets: Drywood termites excrete pellets that are kicked out of holes. These pellets often accumulate in piles on window sills, baseboards and under wooden objects.
If you see any of these signs, or something that appears similar, contact us immediately for a free, no obligation termite inspection.
|“We’ve never had termites, but that’s because we’ve had Termidor treatment from day ONE. Massey is reasonably priced. They also have the newest Termidor technology for installation and are extremely professional. Don’t pay twice the cost for treatment, or get conned into a monthly fee with lesser quality applications or high-pressure sales tactics. Trust Massey. They are also familiar with Florida’s 10-year reapplication requirements and won’t try to charge you to re-apply every 5 years.” -Becky V.
“My inspector was very professional, knowledgeable, friendly and made the termite inspection understandable. I found that I could contact him anytime if I have questions or need help.” -Frank G.
“Great service. I called for an inspection and they quickly scheduled me. I purchased the Sentricon system and they installed it the next day. They are upfront with prices, no upcharges, no surprises and aren’t pushy trying to sell services. Their team is very professional and knowledgeable. I highly recommend.” -J. Dhonau