Here are some simple things you can do to help prevent pests from getting into your home.
- Keep air conditioning filters clean. Dirty filters can lead to moisture buildup, which is a magnet for pests.
- Check for plumbing leaks and seal gaps around pipes. Do this everywhere, but especially behind cabinetry. Water shouldn’t be allowed to accumulate anywhere in or around your home.
- Check grout around bathtubs and toilets. A good caulk seal assures that even the smallest insects can’t enter your home.
- Clear your attic of clutter. Clearing out clutter and sealing cardboard boxes prevents pests from nesting inside them.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers or in the refrigerator. This cuts off potential food sources for pests.
- Don’t leave pet food or water out overnight. This eliminates a possible food source during a time period when pest activity increases.
- Outside doors must be well sealed. If you can see light from around or under a door, then insects can gain access inside your home.
- Repair torn screens. Screens are a prime entry point for pests.
- Seal around soffits and gable vents. This keeps rodents and other pests from getting inside your roof or attic space.
- Seal around conduits and piping where it enters the structure. Many insects and rodents follow power lines or climb conduits and pipes to get inside your home.
- Check gutter drains to ensure water is kept away from your home. This helps discourage moisture buildup adjacent to your home.
- Remove excess leaves from the roof and rain gutters. This keeps ants and other pests from breeding under the buildup.
- Keep trash cans clean and lids sealed. This helps keep ants, roaches and flies from feeding and breeding in the trash.
- Keep the garage door closed and make sure weather stripping is in good condition. Worn weather stripping may be an avenue for pests to get inside your home.
- Remove wood debris and keep woodpiles away from your home’s foundation. This helps prevent rodent nesting or insect colonization.
- Ensure your irrigation system is functioning properly. Make sure water doesn’t puddle near the foundation or spray onto your home.
The best pest control is Pest Prevention. If you would like a FREE, No-Obligation Pest Prevention inspection, please call Massey Services at 1-888-2MASSEY (262-7739) or fill out the form below.
“Our technician always does a terrific job. We recently saw evidence of rodents and he worked with his peer to completely replace our garage door seal to ensure rodents couldn’t get in. They also added bait stations outside too. Excellent service and very professional representatives.” – David L.
Lake Nona, FL
“My technician came to my home with the most willingness to address the issue at hand – German roaches! He took his time explaining what to do and what not to do after the treatment. He provided excellent service. I definitely recommend their services!” -F. Ramirez
“It was my first time using Massey Services and my technician was great! He did a fantastic job explaining the services they offer. He was very professional, friendly and addressed all the concerns I had. I will definitely continue using their services because of the great protection they have against pests and rodents AND for their great representative!” -Y. Wesley