Here are some simple things you can do to help prevent pests from getting into your home.
- Keep air conditioning filters clean. Dirty filters can lead to moisture buildup, which is a magnet for pests.
- Check for plumbing leaks and seal gaps around pipes. Do this everywhere, but especially behind cabinetry. Water shouldn’t be allowed to accumulate anywhere in or around your home.
- Check grout around bathtubs and toilets. A good caulk seal assures that even the smallest insects can’t enter your home.
- Clear your attic of clutter. Clearing out clutter and sealing cardboard boxes prevents pests from nesting inside them.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers or in the refrigerator. This cuts off potential food sources for pests.
- Don’t leave pet food or water out overnight. This eliminates a possible food source during a time period when pest activity increases.
- Outside doors must be well sealed. If you can see light from around or under a door, then insects can gain access inside your home.
- Repair torn screens. Screens are a prime entry point for pests.
- Seal around soffits and gable vents. This keeps rodents and other pests from getting inside your roof or attic space.
- Seal around conduits and piping where it enters the structure. Many insects and rodents follow power lines or climb conduits and pipes to get inside your home.
- Check gutter drains to ensure water is kept away from your home. This helps discourage moisture buildup adjacent to your home.
- Remove excess leaves from the roof and rain gutters. This keeps ants and other pests from breeding under the buildup.
- Keep trash cans clean and lids sealed. This helps keep ants, roaches and flies from feeding and breeding in the trash.
- Keep the garage door closed and make sure weather stripping is in good condition. Worn weather stripping may be an avenue for pests to get inside your home.
- Remove wood debris and keep woodpiles away from your home’s foundation. This helps prevent rodent nesting or insect colonization.
- Ensure your irrigation system is functioning properly. Make sure water doesn’t puddle near the foundation or spray onto your home.
The best pest control is Pest Prevention. If you would like a FREE, No-Obligation Pest Prevention inspection, please call Massey Services at 1-888-2MASSEY (262-7739) or fill out the form below.
The Woodlands, TX
“My technician serviced my home recently and he was very thorough with my home’s treatment. He answered all my question and gave me recommendations for what I can do between services. I could tell he cared about the service he provides.” -A. Hazelwood
“I’ve used Massey for 30+ years and am completely satisfied with their service. I’ve dealt with some relentless pests a couple of times and they kept coming back until the problem was solved – AND at no extra charge.” -J. Maki
“We’ve been customers for more than 12 years. The service is prompt, detailed and friendly. We’ve known our technician for years. He is the best – we rely on his advice and attention to detail. He tells us of potential problem spots and gives suggestions.” -N. Barrett