Why You Should Clean Your Room
Your bedroom is your sacred place. It’s where you start and end your day. That’s why it’s important to clean your room often so pesky invaders, like bed bugs, don’t disturb your peace and quiet time.
Here are some common pests that you may find hiding out in your bedroom:
- Bed Bugs
- Ants (such as white-footed ants, crazy ants, ghost ants, Argentine ants)
- Cockroaches (such as American, German, Asian and Australian cockroaches)
Why are these pests attracted to your bedroom?
Most of these pests are less concerned with the quality of your mattress and are instead more attracted to you, your pet (if you have one) or the food crumbles from eating in bed. Bedrooms provide an ideal environment for pests because they give them regular access to a food source – us. They also provide ample hiding spots such as the creases in your bed and layers of your sheets.
What can you do?
Inside your home, you should practice good sanitation to ward off any infestations. Here are some tips:
- Eliminate clutter to reduce hidings spots.
- Wash and dry bed sheets using the hottest temperature allowed for the fabric.
- Closely inspect any second-hand furniture before bringing it inside your home.
- Never leave your midnight snack or trash lying around. It can attract ants and cockroaches.
- Regularly inspect areas where pets sleep (for signs of fleas).
- Vacuum weekly to get rid of any pests hiding in the carpet or corners.
If you have a furry pet who spends some time outside, practice flea management. You can bathe them regularly, use flea treatments provided by a veterinarian and keep them on a leash when walking around outside.
Click here to read more about how to keep your furry friends from getting fleas.
Do you have pests in your bedroom?
If you said yes, you should give us a call right away at 1-888-2MASSEY. We can perform free detailed inspections to find the source of the pest and get the area treated right away. Pests can cause health concerns and take away your peace-of-mind when resting in your room.