After a storm passes, we’re here to help!
Hurricane Season is here and if/when a storm passes it can leave behind damage to homes, power outages, fallen trees and massive piles of debris. The strong winds and rain may cause other issues as well you might not consider. Preventing pests from taking over your home after a hurricane requires focusing on eliminating conditions, avenues, and sources!
Storms typically displace all kinds of pests that may eventually move into your home.
Standing water will bring increased mosquito populations.
Debris left standing on your lawn in hot weather for more than a few days can damage your grass.
Flood waters can move or remove soil around your home’s foundation.
Tips To Prevent Pests After A Storm
Massey Services offers a few tips to help prevent pest issues after the storm:
- Make sure your window screens are in good repair and that door sweeps and window seals are in good condition to reduce the chance that pests will relocate into your home this week.
- Seal around conduits and piping where it enters the structure.
- Keep the garage door closed and ensure weather stripping is in good condition.
- Keep trash cans clean and lids sealed.
- Homeowner Tips to Prevent Pests from Getting Inside
- Ants: Facts & Prevention
- Tips to Control Mosquito Population Around Your Home