Summer Irrigation Tips
Watering your landscape can be a little challenging during the summer months.
That’s because the weather can be rather unpredictable with periods of severely dry and then severely wet weather. And to make things trickier, you have to make sure your landscape is receiving the right amount without over or under watering, which both can cause damage to your lawn.
- Be sure you have a rain sensor installed and it’s fully functioning properly
- Check your coverage to ensure all your sprinklers are covering each zone evenly with 3/4 to 1″ of water
- Check your landscape frequently for browning, dry areas and hand water if necessary
- Look out for areas that are saturated and over watered and reduce your watering time in those zones
There are several different signs to be on the look out for that might tell you there’s a problem. Try to check your system at least once a month to ensure it’s operating properly.
Five Signs You Need Sprinkler Repair Services
Don’t underestimate the importance of proper irrigation for your landscape. If you notice any of the following signs in your lawn, you need Massey’s Irrigation Maintenance and sprinkler repair service before it’s too late:
- A dull, bluish-gray coloring to your grass
- Foot tracks that appear to be embedded in the grass
- Leaf blades that are wilted and folded in half
- Dry, crumbly soil around the roots of your grass
- Brown areas within the lawn
Proper irrigation is critical to the health of your lawn and landscape. Sign up for your Free Inspection today to see how to bring your landscape back to life!