The Difference Between Pest Control and Pest Prevention
Massey’s Pest Prevention is a customized environmental management program that focuses on eliminating the conditions, avenues and sources of a pest infestation in and around your home. Some benefits include:
- No indiscriminate use of pesticides in your home
- Treatment is focused on the outside so you don’t even have to be home during service
- Less impact on the surrounding environment
3 Ways Our Pest Prevention Service Stops Bugs Before They Get Inside
Our Pest Prevention service eliminates the source of the problem, not the symptoms:
- Conditions: Areas where pests live and breed, such as unsanitary areas around garbage cans, standing water and wood stored near your home’s foundation.
- Avenues: Pathways pests use to get inside your home, such as unsealed cracks and crevices in walls and the foundation, limbs of trees and shrubs touching the roof and breaks in caulking or weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Sources: Areas that provide a food supply, such as mulch beds, accumulated leaves and clogged drain gutters.
By eliminating the conditions, avenues and sources around your home, we prevent pests from getting inside your home in the first place.
Here is Mr. Massey himself discussing his thoughts on pest prevention and how it really differs from pest control.