Give Your Lawn And Landscape The Right Attention
Proper mowing and watering dramatically impact the health of your lawn.
Give your lawn and landscape the right attention with the following tips:
- Mow frequently. Don’t remove more than 1/3rd of the leaf blade height in any single mowing. Mow at least once per week during the growing season.
- Mow high. During the heat of the summer, you should mow your lawn at the highest recommended cutting height to help grass retain water.
- Water deeply and infrequently. Our Florida sands dry out quickly so set your sprinkler system to run twice per week to deliver ¾ inch of water per zone. Clay soils may not need to be watered as frequently. Check your local extension service for recommendations or contact us for a free inspection.
- A dull bluish-gray coloring to your grass
- Foot tracks that seem to remain in the grass
- Leaf blades that are folded in half or wilted.
The key to a healthy landscape during dry periods is a balance of proper irrigation and proper maintenance. Either too little or too much irrigation can lead to an increase in weed, pest and diseases. For help keeping your landscape healthy and green all year long, contact Massey Services GreenUP for a free, detailed inspection.