As we all know, the clocks “sprung forward” an hour this past Sunday.
Many of us have already changed the clocks for Daylight Savings in our kitchen, our bedrooms and our watches. But did you remember to adjust your irrigation sprinkler timer? This is an important clock to change to water your lawn and landscape properly.
In addition to changing the time, daylight saving time may also mean changes to your watering restrictions. Make sure to check your local Water Management District’s website so you are aware of any changes and can adjust accordingly.
Irrigating your lawn and landscape properly is critical to ensuring your lawn remains healthy and beautiful all year; however sometimes this can be easier said than done. If you see any of these signs in your lawn, this may mean your system is not functioning correctly:
Signs Your Irrigation System Is Not Functioning Correctly:
- A dull, bluish-gray coloring to your grass
- Foot tracks that appear to be embedded in the grass
- Leaf blades that are wilted and folded in half
- Dry, crumbly soil around the roots of your grass
- Brown areas within the lawn