IMPORTANT NOTICE TO OUR BATON ROUGE NEIGHBORS
- Ants: When flooding occurs water wipes out ant nests that are underground. Ants are known to cluster on top of flood waters until they find a dry structure. This could mean an onslaught of ants in your home or on your property.
- Rodents: Rats and mice will be seeking refuge from the water and may start to invade your home. They carry many diseases and other insects such as lice and fleas. An invasion of these rodents shouldn’t be taken lightly. Once they are removed from the home, entry points must be eliminated to keep them from returning.
- Mosquitoes: Unfortunately, with all the standing water that is left behind after a flood, it is an ideal environment for mosquitoes to lay their eggs so you can expect the mosquito population to grow. Make sure you are taking proper precautions to guard yourself and your family against mosquitoes.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are often seeking water sources, but after a flood they will be looking for a place to stay dry. They will multiply quickly and carry diseases so it is important to eliminate conditions, avenues and sources immediately.
- Termites: Termites are attracted to moisture, and structures that have been flooded are more prone to an infestation. A thorough inspection of your home is critical to ensure termites have not gained access into your home from underground or through your attic.
If your drywall has been removed, Massey Services strongly recommends that these areas be treated with Bora-Care before the drywall is replaced. The Bora-Care treatment penetrates the wood in the structure and remains there for the life of the wood, providing residual protection. This treatment will be provided at no additional cost to current customers. Please call us to schedule your Bora-Care treatment.
If you need any help with your pest needs, please don’t hesitate to contact Massey Services at 225-752-7378 or 1-888-2MASSEY.
We’re here to help!