Happy National Earth Day!
Each year on April 22nd, National Earth Day is celebrated by promoting the different ways to save the Earth. Since it’s inception, millions of people and companies promote and educate the public about a variety of subjects including climate change, air and water pollution, recycling, renewable fuels and power, rain forests and more.
As citizens of the world, there are many ways that we can come together to take action and protect the great planet we, animals and other creatures get to call our home. My living a greener life, this could include driving fuel efficient vehicles, using solar panels for electricity and it can even include efficient landscaping and irrigation.
Did you know Massey Services is a green company? If you didn’t, let us tell you why!
- We’ve eliminated indiscriminate spraying of pesticides in homes. We focus on using environmentally friendly mediums on the exterior of homes so pest don’t get inside in the first place. By doing this, we’ve decreased the amount of chemicals used to control pests which is safer for the environment, you, your family and pets.
- Our landscape services includes soil aeration – one of the most environmentally friendly beneficial practices – which helps provide you with a green, healthy lawn and landscape. Soil aeration increases oxygen in the soil which enhances deep root growth, maximizes water absorption and reduces fertilizer run off.
- We’ve reduced the amount of nitrogen and phosphorous in our fertilizer products to help reduce the amount of fertilizer run off. We’ve also eliminated the use of neonicotinoids in order to avoid negatively impacting honeybees.
- Our company has pioneered termite construction pre-treatment programs that save up to 400 gallons of water per home.
- With our irrigation services, our trained experts help our customer’s cut up to 30% of water waste. Our program is focused on protecting one of our most precious resources.
For us, going GREEN isn’t such a new idea. At Massey Services, it’s part of our past, present and our future. We continuously look for additional ways that we can help our environment and our planet.
We’ve been so committed to Going Green, that we’ve been recognized as an environmental steward by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. We’ve also received the Promising Practice Award from the Council of Sustainable Florida and have been the FIRST pest control company to sponsor Earth Day.
We love our planet and all the beauty it provides us. So, join us in celebrating Earth Day and GO GREEN WITH US!
Here are a few small things that you can do to go green:
- Support and use recycling programs in your community
- If you’re not at home, make sure to throw your trash in a trashcan instead of on the ground
- Support green businesses
- Use re-usable products versus disposable (i.e., plastic grocery bags)
- Repurpose items that have outworn their use
- Use energy-efficient home appliances
- Walk or ride your bike versus driving a vehicle
About Massey Services
Based in Orlando, Florida, Massey Services is the nation’s fifth largest pest prevention company and the largest privately held family-owned company in the industry. Celebrating 35 consecutive years of profitable growth, Massey Services and its subsidiary organizations employ over 2,200 team members and operate 2,000 vehicles that provide residential and commercial pest prevention, termite protection, landscape and irrigation services to approximately 650,000 customers from Service Centers throughout Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, South Carolina, North Carolina and Oklahoma. For more information about Massey Services, please visit www.masseyservices.com.