Happy Earth Day!
- According to SoftSchools.com, the first Earth Day in the U.S. was celebrated on April 22, 1970.
- Every year on April 22, men, women and children collect garbage, plant trees, clean up coral reefs, show movies, sign petitions and plan for a better future for our planet, based on DoSomething.org.
- TimeforKids.com reports that the recycling rate has increased from less than 10% in 1980 to more than 34% in 2011.
- Earth Day was created by Senator Gaylord Nelson of Wisconsin. He created it after learning about the devastating effects of a massive oil spill in Santa Barbara, according to Earth Day Network.
- Earth Day Network also estimates that 500 million people from 4,500 organizations in 180 countries will participate in Earth Day events during the month of April.
- Massey Services was the first company in our industry to be asked to sponsor Earth Day in Central Florida
We’re proud to provide environmentally beneficial services to our customers. Learn more about our services and their environmental benefits today!