All This Water Breeds Mosquitoes
Spring and summer storms can leave standing water which creates the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. Not only bothersome, mosquitoes carry serious diseases such as West Nile Virus and Encephalitis.
A few simple precautions can help you avoid mosquitoes and their potential diseases:
- Avoid working or playing outdoors at dawn or dusk when mosquitoes are most active.
- When outdoors, be sure to wear long pants, a long sleeved shirt and apply an insect repellent containing D.E.E.T.
- Remove standing water at least once per week from bird baths, kiddie pools or potted plants.
- Hire a professional like Massey Services to inspect and treat your property for mosquitoes.
At Massey Services, our Mosquito Abatement Program targets mosquitoes where they live and breed—so you can enjoy your time outdoors. That’s because we:
- Treat areas of uncontrollable standing water to prevent mosquitoes from breeding.
- Provide a barrier of protection around your entire property.
- Inspect and treat monthly to minimize mosquito populations all year.
For a free, detailed Mosquito Inspection, contact Massey Services today at 1-888-2MASSEY (262-7739).