Mosquitoes. They are considered to be the most dangerous insect in the world because of the diseases they can pass on to humans from one single bite. These include malaria, dengue and yellow fever, West Nile Virus and certain types of encephalitis.
- Make sure all windows and doors in your home are closed tightly and that screens are well-sealed to prevent mosquitoes from gaining access inside your home
- Avoid working or playing outdoors at dawn or dusk when mosquitoes are most active
- When you are outdoors, wear insect repellant with DEET as an active product
- Discard water that has accumulated in toys and other items outdoors
- Drain stagnant water from bird baths, kiddie pools and potted plants on a weekly basis. Mosquitoes breed best in humid and wet climates, in locations with ample standing water.
- Clear gutters and drains to prevent the accumulation of stagnant water
Massey Services also offers a Mosquito Abatement program, which will greatly reduce the populations of mosquitoes around your home by focusing on the areas where they live and breed. Contact us today for a free inspection.