Daylight savings time just ended and with that typically comes changes to your irrigation schedule. Make sure to check your local water management website for more information on how often and what day(s) you’re allowed to water. In addition to making these changes, here are a few additional tips to conserve water with your irrigation system:
- Adjust sprinklers so only your lawn and landscape are being watered and not your driveway, sidewalk or street.
- Monitor your water bill for unusually high use. Your bill and water meter are tools that can help you detect leaks around your home.
- Install a rain sensor on your irrigation controller so your system won’t run while it’s raining.
- Remember to check your sprinkler system valves periodically for leaks and keep the sprinkler heads in good shape.
- Don’t water your lawn on windy days when most of the water blows away or evaporates.
- Share water conservation tips with family and friends!
Watering wisely saves water and promotes healthier lawns and landscapes. If you’re having problems with your irrigation system and can’t find a solution, have an expert come out and complete an inspection of your system.