As the warm weather arrives and our grass starts growing rapidly again, it’s important to make sure you’re mowing smart.
Mowing plays a critical role in the health of your landscape and if done incorrectly, can leave your lawn exposed to weeds, insects and diseases. Here are a few mowing tips that will help ensure that your mowing is adding to the health and beauty of your landscape.
Tips To Mowing Smart:
- Mow Frequently: You should mow at least once per week during the warmer months and once every 10 – 14 days during the cooler months.
- Mow at the Proper Height: Different grasses require different mowing heights that vary from 1-4″. Mowing too low will cause the grass to turn brown and possibly take weeks to recover.
- Use a Sharp Blade: A dull blade will “rip” the grass rather than make a clean cut. This leaves the grass exposed to disease and the ripped tips will turn brown leaving your lawn unsightly.
- Avoid Mowing Wet Grass: Wet clippings can clog your mower, reducing its efficiency to effectively cut your grass.
- Leave Clippings, If Possible: Grass clippings return vital nutrients to your landscape.
For more tips like these from our professionals, or to find out how our GreenUP Landscape Service can make your lawn beautiful, schedule a Free Landscape Inspection or call Massey’s GreenUP Landscape Services at 1-888-2MASSEY (262-7739).